11/22/2006

Stevo's Latest Music Reviews Vol. 7

It's been a little while since I posted a music review, so I wanted to take a few minutes to throw out a new band that I'm super stoked about. My brother Patrick (who I lovingly refer to as PT) is much more in tune with the new music that's out there, and he throws stuff at me sometimes that I can get really excited about. We have different, yet similar tastes..and by that confusing statement I only mean that there are things we agree on, but things that one of us likes but the other doesn't. One area we agree on is Leeland.

LEELAND - Sound of Melodies
As a "believer" and a musician I have been stuck in this gray area of liking vs not-liking Christian music for some time. There's just so much crap to sift through and it can be quite difficult to stomach the effort to find something ear-worthy. If you've browsed around this blog in the past you've seen my love for David Crowder Band and Phil Wickham amongst others reviewed...there are others such as Shane Barnard, Charlie Hall, Chris Tomlin and Kristian Stanfill that I'm in to. Leeland is now on my list.
Leeland is of a similar vain to Coldplay....mostly because of drum beats and their anthem-esque songs that just make you react in some way. For Coldplay, my reaction is usually that of politics or on a more surface level, musical respect...For Leeland, my reaction is to want to stand up and participate in the worship of God that comes through even on the CD. I can only imagine what their live shows are like. From the first song, throughout the album, you'll hear a maturity that I honestly didn't expect out of a "debut" album. I wonder if there's other stuff out there, but for now I'll just assume that they all popped out of the womb of musical birth walking, talking, and rocking.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP