7/08/2008

4th of July


4th of July, originally uploaded by Stevo28andgrowing.

We had a great weekend hanging out at my parent's beach house in Texas. Crystal Beach is famous for a section referred to as "The Zoo" where you pretty much find the best people watching on the planet in any 1/4 mile space...for the 4th of July however, it's the whole beach that's this crazy.

This is a pic I snapped of the fireworks one night...each night the beach was full of people blowing tons of money out their pockets to shoot these crazy firework shows. You could see tons of fireworks from one end of the beach to the other, and on one night Kristine and I took the jeep down to the beach and drove around (did I mention that the beach is actually a TX highway and you're allowed to drive on it???) while these were exploding above us.

what I love about this pic is that it's actually mostly luck. I exposed it properly, but because I didn't have a tripod you can see that my hand obviously didn't stay still and created this motion that makes the fireworks at the top look like deep sea creatures swimming downward.

Hope you all had a great 4th too!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP