8/28/2007

Back from the MIA

I was in Miami last week, and through the weekend shooting a couple commercials. It was such a crazy week, and I’m so glad it’s over, but I’m still feeling worn out. Just tired from the constant go-go-go. I think I’m a bit under the weather too. Overall, it was a great week. The project was by far the toughest I’ve worked on in my career, but once we got on set, everything came together and the results should be great. We had some amazing food while there, including a humongous bottle of “Tignanello”, a Super Tuscan which tasted unbelievable.

We stayed at The Shore Club, which was probably the most pretentious hotel I’ve ever laid my head in. Every part of the stay was highlighted with rude people, loud music (til the wee hours of the morning), etc etc. The worst thing though, BY FAR, was how razor thin the walls were. My room was nowhere near the elevator, but I could hear the elevator open and close and could hear quiet conversation in the hall. It was so bad, but got worse because every night, at around 4:30 or 5am, people would stumble off the elevator from a night of partying and would be obnoxiously loud to the point that I awoke EVERY morning. Needless to say, I put my maturity aside the morning I checked out, and as I was getting waiting for the elevator at around 6:45 am, I proceeded to fake cough for around 30 seconds as loudly and violently as possible. I am a grown up.

Anyway, it was still a good trip, job-wise and I feel good about that, but it was a LONG time to be away from Kristine and Adler. I missed them so much, and was so glad to get home to them. This morning was especially great because we went in to wake Adler up and he was standing in his crib just smiling away at us. He was definitely glad to have me home, and that makes it all worth it.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP