4/05/2008

Adler & Daddy Weekend

Well, Kristine took off for Texas Friday at 4:30, but we dropped her off at the airport around 2pm. Kristine headed to Austin for a bachelorette party weekend and thus my weekend extravaganza with Adler began. This was the first full weekend I've had with Adler by myself, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. He'd been sick for the beginning of the week, so I was simply praying that he wouldn't be in a bad mood the whole weekend.

In the end, we had so much fun together. Friday night we went to hang out with Cameron Clayton and Bobby Shirley at the Claytons house...their sons Colby and Mac are about Adler's age, so they just ran around the house together. It was a blast, and fun to see these boys growing up. Saturday, Adler and I went to the mall and bought Adler (17 months old) a new pair of jeans (3T !!!). The mall is pretty dang challenging with a baby, so mad props to the Moms out there who do this every day. Adler had an interesting nap schedule too, but we even made it out for some diapers and a new soccer ball at Wally World that evening. I finally got him to bed around 8:30 and after the most random basketball game in history (UNC vs. Kansas) I was in bed by 11:15...this is extremely early for me, but the little guy WORE ME OUT. :)

















Sunday, we got up and went to the 9am service at Buckhead Church...it was awesome and I was so glad to sit with our friends The Huffs. I haven't realized how comfortable I am in being married to my best friend until I had to walk into our huge sanctuary and grab a seat all by my lonesome. I probably looked really awkward to all of the single people who do this every week...I'm just used to routine I guess. But the Huffs showed up and we had an awesome service. Chrystina Fincher led worship and it was fantastic.

The rest of Sunday was spent playing indoor soccer with Adler and rocking out on my Roland Handsonic drum machine...Adler loved it all and would not let me take a break from the action. If I sat down...he'd just grab my leg and pull me back up for more fun. The weekend was exhausting, but in a joy filled way. I woke up today and got to work with a smile on my face, and somehow feel energized, even after all of the running around. It's such a cool feeling to be a Dad, especially when you see the bond growing right before your eyes.

I do have to shout out RESPECT to the Mom's that do this every day. Kristine makes it all look so easy and I really got a taste for how busy she really is throughout the day. Trying to clean up and do a little laundry seemed futile, and I was only able to get so much done, so Kristine "thanks for all you do...I appreciate every effort you make for our family. You are Amazing!"

1 comments:

Corey Mason 6:01 PM  

wow, sounds like you guys had fun! I am impressed by your weekend agenda! and Kristine is amazing, you are lucky to have her!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!
Shelley

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP